Friday, October 26, 2007

Justice Is A Wonderful Thing

About freaking time! Genarlow Wilson should never have been imprisoned in the first place. Ten years in prison for a consensual blowjob was definitely cruel and unusual punishment. If the girl had been white he probably would have gotten life. Whatever, most of his opportunities are gone. And unlike a lot of other young black men, he actually had opportunities. Not any more. Respectfully acknowledge. My ass. How come he hasn't prosecuted all the boys that get teenage girls pregnant?

Right on! We have lost so much of our "humanity" and become inured to the suffering of others that people feel free to urinate on a dying woman and film it for YouTube. Shameful.

My sentiments exactly. The benefits of marriage are few and the hazards are many. Why do women persist in believing that marriage is the be all and end all of goals? Why do some still believe that a man completes them? Why do some consider themselves failures if they aren't married? The odds of me obeying a man just because I'm married to him are pretty darned slim. I like men but I don't know about living with one and being considered his property. Not my cup of tea.

Three years for throwing a puppy off a balcony because he was mad at his girlfriend. As appropriate as I think the punishment is, if only Marjorie Knoller and Robert Noel had been sentenced as harshly. You would think that the death of an innocent person would have counted for more.

They made me a decent offer for my car and I should receive the check by Monday. I've found a car that has been well taken care of and will use some of the money to replace my PowerBook with a new Mac. I'm having a hard time deciding between a MacBook or iMac. I like the idea of a larger screen and I very rarely take the laptop out of the house. What's a girl to do?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb
    I'm still really happy with the 20" iMac I bought 2 years ago. My son just bought the biggest Mac laptop, and I can barely stand to look at it's comparatively tiny screen. I really like the bigger screen for movies as well as general surfing.
    -Rick J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about marriage, but it doesn't have to be that way...at least mine isn't. I expect it's like anything else it works well for some, not so well for others, and the rest probably don't have enough sense to carry it off one way or another.

    ReplyDelete