Monday, August 15, 2005

Soon to be history

Comcast Home

I hate Comcast. Pissed me off for the last time. Slow. Expensive. Erratic. service. Bundled, so if you don't like one, you stay because you might like the other. Cow excrement.

They forced me to have digital cable, with a box and another remote, just because I wanted Sci-Fi channel. $9.95 per month for one station that a good portion of the US receives as part of extended cable. Plus, every channel isn't digital, and my tvs are old. Ripoff. I have had cable internet for many years. First in San Diego, now up here. By any name Comcast sucks.

Ever since their fancy upgrade in March, my connectivity has been slow, intermittent or nonexistent. With every service call they contradict the person before them and either remove or install a switch. Whatever. The problem goes away for a few days, gets slower and then winks out.
My most recent incident resulted in a service date a week away. Absolutely unacceptable. $98.40 a month of money that I really don't have, to be irritated switching on the cable box one hour a week and only having blinding fast speed at 3 in the morning.

Enter SBC. Broadband speed starting at 1.5 Mbs for $24.99 per month for a year. Special offer of a 3 month rebate of my cable bill, $42.95/mo = $128.85 savings to me in addition to the difference of $17.96/mo. DiSH with a DVR for two rooms $43.98/mo saves me $11.47/mo. $68.97/mo total bill. What's not to like?

I hope we can have a Dish in the apartment, otherwise this might not work, but I'm so angry that I might cancel Comcast anyway.

Update: I was just searching through a discussion board on a Battlestar Galactica site and I guess Comcast just enacted the same policy in Chicago. Except they have a 3 week waiting list just to get the digital box.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Comcast sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment