Monday, September 19, 2005

Voting Panel Will Propose New Calendar for Primaries - New York Times

Still not acceptable. I want a national primary, followed by 30 days of campaigning, we vote, whoever gets the most wins.

End of story. Otherwise money and family connections determine the electoral outcome.

Voting Panel Will Propose New Calendar for Primaries - New York Times: "¶In presidential election years, after the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primaries, the other states should hold regional primaries and caucuses at monthly intervals in March, April, May and June, with the order rotated.



No wonder people don't want to vote. I live in California and by the time we have our primary all we get are the dregs, the ones who have money. We NEVER get a crack at determining national votes. I don't even know why we bother to vote since our electoral votes don't mean squat. We aren't a "swing" state so we don't matter. We just pay taxes, provide a great place to vacation, provide entertainment, grow food, have a really important world economy. But we don't matter when it comes to choosing the leader of this country.

What's up with that?


I wasn't going to link to the Times in protest over their new editorial policy, but I guess I will keep reading the news until they give up. The only reason I paid for Salon is that I couldn't watch the commercials with all my filters on Firefox. Plus, they are snarky.

No comments:

Post a Comment