Friday, October 28, 2005

It was 30 years ago today

I got married! I'm not in that condition and haven't been for 25 years but I remember that day well. From the car breaking down in the rain on the way to the church to ending the evening sharing a tub of Cool Whip. What a hoot!

I was stationed at Ft. Lewis and he flew in from Germany, we put the wedding together in three days (I wore a dress!), borrowed a car from a friend who didn't know how to drive, in the 70's it rained a lot at this time of year, had dinner at the Butcher, The Baker and The Candlestick Maker, (great restaurant even though they carded us!) and hung out with our friends later until my mom suggested we might have better things to do.

I fell asleep while he was lighting candles.

I saw him again a few years ago during the Clinton impeachment crap and he went on and on about how a blow job left this country open to security violations and blah, blah, blah. I wonder what he thinks now?

He also had turned into quite the little racist which surprised me since he had never been ashamed to appear in public with me. We had our problems, not the least of which was getting married at 19, but even though I knew you should never start a land war in Asia/Iraq I didn't know you shouldn't mess with a Sicilian mom when her son is on the line. I still feel sorry for him.

Every morning and night for three months we drove past the CIA in Hyde Park and Tony would say "you should go there Deb". We got divorced right after that and I came back to California as part of my plea bargain.

Oops, I meant divorce. He still lives in Kingston, NY I believe. Hey Anth, hope things are going well.

It's his dog Max's birthday today. Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment