Wednesday, October 19, 2005

OK, I'm not that great with math

but something about this just doesn't give me a good feeling.
Bush's tax panel would limit break for homeowners / Dems complain plan would hit California, other blue states hard: "The proposal also would reduce the number of federal tax brackets. Today, there are six, ranging from 10 to 35 percent. Under the proposal, there would be four, ranging from 15 to 33 percent.

The panel endorsed two plans for taxing capital gains from investments.

Stretch said the tax panel was trying to simplify taxes without shifting the burden rich to poor, from poor to rich or from state to state."
If the tax brackets are going to collapse from six to four, the bottom rate increases to 15 from 10 and decreases from 35 to 33 percent, aren't the people who make the least going to pay more and the people who make the most pay less?

Whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks. I need to hit the lotto so I can play this game on the winning side.

Can I borrow a dollar?

No comments:

Post a Comment