Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sunday Linkfest

Comcast (I'm not linking to them) was out of service until 10 pm yesterday so I didn't get to surf very much. This last week was fun for blogging because I had a spike in readership due to a little mistake I made at Common Times. You are supposed to submit news stories and I had submitted a couple of my blog pages by mistake. Oops.

Along the way I also found a few great (she is very insightful) blogs (extremely intelligent snark) and renewed my interest in some old favorites (pictures with snark). My blogroll is huge and this week I will try separating it into links of different interests. And just like the Truth Laid Bear, some links will disappear.

I am also still working on the site design. Since I accidently had to learn some programming I now have a new geek interest and I'm going to try and build a webpage from scratch. In a text based editor just like the big boys. So this time if you see that the links aren't working, would you please TELL me, that way I can fix it immediately. I don't want any Raw Story redesign nightmares.

Should I put my nerd score back up?
I am nerdier than 81% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

I tried out a commenting service for about an hour yesterday morning before service interruptus and wasn't that impressed so I took it down. I've limited the front page to 3 days worth of posts and it still isn't short enough, I might add a read more link that will send you to another page but I personally hate that, unless it takes you to a page with the comments already activated. I'll figure it out eventually and if you know anything about me, the thrill is in the hunt. Once I've figured it out, I'll be on to something else.

Speaking of that, off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment