Saturday, February 25, 2006

Olympic Screwup

When I was a little girl the Winter Olympics were a complete writeoff because our athletes had to train by themselves against the "Soviet bloc" which was government financed and we hardly ever won any medals. Forty years later our athletes are overpaid, overendorsed, arrogant and the one with the loudest mouth was impotent. Something tells me this guys sex life is the same way. All flash no substance and timing is probably a major issue. Looks will get you started in the right direction, but character is what sees you through.
ABC News: Unrepentant Bode: 'Man, I Rocked Here': "As for his obligation to prepare, Miller said he was less ready for these games than the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, where he won two silver medals.

'I've been living my life as if I might have died two weeks before the Olympics started,' he said. 'That left me the opportunity to dig deep, to go down that other route, to make more sacrifices and get back to where I was.'

Miller said that while he might have prepared differently, he isn't one to second guess and he started each race fully focused and determined to win.

He called his Olympic experience 'awesome' and cited the gold medals by teammates Julia Mancuso and Ted Ligety as one reason. Another, he said, was Sestriere's bar scene.

'My quality of life is the priority. I wanted to have fun here, to enjoy the Olympic experience, not be holed up in a closet and not ever leave your room,' he said. 'People said, 'Why can't you stay in for the two weeks, three weeks? You've got the rest of your life to experience the games the way everybody else does.' But I like the whole package. I always have.'"
Pretty bows and ribbons can make any package look beautiful, but isn't it what's inside that counts?

No comments:

Post a Comment