Monday, May 01, 2006

Of course, it does!

People always think that other company (tried to be a monopoly) had the best business model. Ha! Another competitor, Vcast, is $15 per month extra and $3.99 a download. I'll be right on that. Not. I wish more shows were available on Itunes, like 24 and CSI, Numb3rs and a few others.
FT.com / By industry / Media & internet - Apple sets tune for pricing of song downloads: "itunesApple Computer on Monday revealed it had renewed contracts with the four largest record companies to sell songs through its iTunes digital store at 99 cents each. The agreements came after months of bargaining, and were a defeat for music companies that had been pushing for a variable pricing model.

The music industry’s big four - Universal, Warner Music, EMI and Sony BMG – were not immediately available to comment.

Since iTunes’ launch three years ago, Apple has charged US consumers 99 cents for each track – a uniform price that Steve Jobs, its chief executive, favours because of its simplicity for consumers."
The price is just perfect for me, I'm willing to pay it and I was buying music, which I hadn't done in years. Simple, easy and relatively cheap, just the way I like it.

Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment