Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Random Links

It's been an interesting week, I've been swallowing blood pressure pills like mad. The government has been using every avenue except the courts to access the average American citizen's data. From telephone (now AT&T owns your data) records to financial to actually losing private data (got my letter from the VA this week), the admnistration (with henchmen Scalito and Roberts)has been busy ignoring the Bill of Rights. Meanwhile, the Senate has been engaged in a massive circle jerk debating nonbinding resolutions that are in direct conflict with their constituents wishes, while giving themselves a $3600 raise per year (for the ninth time) and denying those who make the least allowed by law to continue making the same paltry amount. I guess they missed the part about who pays them and maybe we don't think they deserve a raise. Over at the House, some Representatives were feeling discriminated against so they decided to hold up renewing the Voting Rights Bill. Iraq is going well, well maybe not.

On the bright side, we have the hint of progress in our space program. The FBI supposedly broke up "another" terrorist plot. I need some music to soothe my soul. I know what my mood is, I wonder what the Ipod's up to?

1. Back Into Hell by Meatloaf (snicker)
2. Indian Reservation by Paul Revere and the Raiders
3. A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall by Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music
4. I'll Be Around by The Spinners
5. How's It Going To Be by Third Eye Blind
6. Some Like It Hot by The Power Station
7. Go All The Way by The Raspberries
8. The Assuming Song by the WAPL crew (what a hoot!)
9. Breakdown by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
10. Hold Your Head Up by Argent

No comments:

Post a Comment