Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thirsty Thursday

Not winning the lottery. Of course, I can't pee into a bottle from two miles up either and they are about the same odds. Oh well, there's always the Mega Millions to go along with my snowball returning from its trip around the sun.

Oops, this one is fixed. This is a well written review of the Apple announcements this week and they discuss the gapless technology. It was the only thing I didn't like about my iPod.
Another annoyance gone: now iTunes (and the iPod) can play back live recordings seamlessly, without software-induced gaps between the "tracks." Fans of classical music, opera and Pink Floyd, this one's for you.
Drove me nuts when I listened to Great Gig in The Sky and the segue to Money was all screwed up. Floyd music is not abrupt.

What's up with the minvan drivers who think they are Mario Andretti? You had the kids, deal with it. Driving fast and reckless does not make you look cool, it makes you look stupid.

How to dissuade yourself from blogging. No kidding, should have read that last year. I feel better now.

Does this mean Kim will be back? It is the one thing 24 has been missing, the comic relief of the kimnappings. Her character was so disliked that someone wanted to push her off a pier, but that had already happened and she managed to survive. I like James Cromwell, one of your sexier older men. Star Trek specialized in that even though they didn't mean to.

Drink a little, make more money. This is not an excuse to become an alcoholic. On the other hand, if you have a high I.Q. hangovers don't bother you as much. I think it's because their brains use glucose differently, not because they might not binge drink.

There should be a special place for these people. Really hot and attended by a guy with horns and a pitchfork.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had a hangover in years. Of course, I rarely drink, and when I do, I usually stop after one or two. Does that have anything to do with my IQ? I dunno. I really don't like to drink that much. I used to drink all the time when I was a kid; now, don't enjoy it.

    Mixter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't win either...wait...is that because I do not play?

    I have no clue about Ipods. Am I the only one that does not have an Ipod? I think so

    How about Jazz?

    All those soccer mom's late for their tea parties?

    See, I only blog for a creative outlet and to keep in touch with civilization.

    Is that on TV? I only watch the TLC, Dicover or history channels for the most part.

    Well that explains a lot.

    The things I am thinking of doing to those people may get me arrested

    ReplyDelete