Monday, October 02, 2006

The Dog Ate My Homework

Again. How many times is Rice going to claim that she doesn't remember?

She has used the same excuse at least three times. Does she have Alzheimer's? Can't she come up with something more creative, like I was buying shoes at the time? The Bush administration keeps playing us for fools and it is getting tiresome.

It is very hard to believe anything they say, since the story changes with each new crisis or revelation. They have no shame. Every time something happens the excuse is either that they don't remember or that no one could have anticipated the event. If they are so blatantly incompetent why are they still running the government and why do they think that they know what they are doing since they are constantly being surprised.

Their shame knows no bounds.

Update: This is becoming a major Oops for the Bush Administration. I wish I could say that I was surprised, but I'm not. Well, I am surprised that it came out before the mid-term elections, but most normal people realize that secrets will reveal themselves and usually at the most inopportune time. This is a whopper of a secret and a most inopportune time.

The funny (peculiar, not haha) part about all this is that the GOP (does that mean gay old party?) spent so much time whipping up homophobic hatred and now it is going to come back and bit them on the tush. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people.

You would think that they would have learned from the Nixon debacle since so many of the current administration have so much firsthand knowledge, but no, history is for other people.

1 comment:

  1. Of course she's going to lie about it. She can't admit that she blew them off.

    I felt kind of hopeless over the weekend, but I have this feeling now that things are going to turn around and bite BushCo in the ass. I hope I'm correct!

    Mixter

    ReplyDelete