Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hump Day Musings

Let the good times roll is a song by B.B.King (You'd better go out and spend some cash, how apt), not the way to run personal, business or national finances. Moderation? Who are these people trying to kid? People have been saying for years that the housing bubble couldn't be maintained and were blown off as being worryworts or Debbie Downers.

Good grief, I hope not. I was glad when he left, his character sucked and was one of the main reasons I stopped watching.

Who didn't see this one coming? They lied to start a war with a country that had done nothing to us. But will it be enough for impeachment? I doubt it, because lying about sex is more detrimental to the country than telling lies so our troops could die. Or so the people on the right believe. But what can you expect from a nation founded by religious fanatics and criminals.

Cannon fodder. 29% of Army recruits don't have high school diplomas and the poor are overrepresented in the Army, but the powers that be are still trying to maintain the fiction that unqualified soldiers aren't sent into combat. No wonder they're using video games for training.

I'm really sorry about Heath Ledger, what a shame. The only movie I ever saw of his was A Knight's Tale but I was, and still am, really looking forward to his role as the Joker in the new Bat flick. My heart goes out to his family and friends. Rest in peace, you will be missed. I guess this settles the issue about whether or not to prepare young people's obits. I thought Amy Winehouse would be a good candidate, especially after her crack video.

Lewis Black cracks me up. He's funny, to the point and not afraid to share his opinion. Thank goodness. Because if it wasn't for the comedians, nobody would ever hear the truth.

Big Brass Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment