Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year? Just Like The Old Year

One of the drawbacks to public transportation is that you usually have no control over who sits next to you. I've sat next to people who were desperately in need of a bath...the week before. People have drank, thrown up or wanked off (it was eight in the morning!) on the bus. They have wailed, cried, argued or talked to people who weren't there. It can get annoying which is why I wear headphones and listen to music. If I had been on the bus with this woman, I would have asked her to shut up. Not be quiet, but shut up. The bus driver is an unsung hero for asking her to leave the bus, not a discriminator. Some of these "religious" fanatics would harangue a monk who had observed a vow of silence for twenty years just to prove how religious they are.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We need a national primary followed thirty days later by the national election. Enough is enough and we were past that eight months ago. I seriously doubt that less people would vote and more people might be informed. At least it would give all the citizens a chance to vote on all the candidates, not just those with money leftover. The system is broken and it needs to be fixed. As this poll points out, all Americans should have an equal say.

Don't make me laugh. Who really believes this? You know darn well that there was a signing statement attached. Honestly, the crap that they think we'll believe.

It really doesn't matter what George Orwell would think now, the truth of the matter is that he wrote a book many years ago that is accurately reflecting the current deteriorating state of privacy in America. One doesn't actually have to live through tyranny to recognize it or write about it in all its forms. Interesting how the Bible isn't held to the same scrutiny. You just have to take it on faith.

While Ron Paul has some ideas I agree with, most of them I don't. He is well known enough that he should be allowed to participate in the debates because he does raise points that need to be discussed out in the open. But this is Fox, what the heck was I thinking?

3Bs

No comments:

Post a Comment