Friday, June 20, 2008

We Should Be Ashamed Of Ourselves

What a major load of crap. Someone needs to grow a pair. Only despots and dictators imprison people and deny them the right to a fair trial and the opportunity to prove their innocence. We are supposedly a nation of laws, not frightened little children afraid of the bogeyman.

As Benjamin Franklin so artfully stated,
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
While I may be accused of having a pre-9/11 mindset for my views on equality and justice, at least I'm not quaking in my boots at the thought of my country being destroyed by outside forces. I reserve that for watching my country being destroyed by crybabies and bedwetters on the inside. But then I'm a veteran and having volunteered to give my life in service to my country probably gives me a different perspective. One that is based on pride, not fear.

The United States is the third largest country in the world and is located on the North American continent. It is bracketed by two large bodies of water on the east and west and by Canada and Mexico to the north and south. While we might lose a city or two, mainly due to incompetence, this country is in no danger of being destroyed by external enemies. It isn't like we are the size of Vatican City, Monaco or Lichtenstein, all of which could be destroyed in an instant with very little effort on the part of the aggressor. Lichtenstein doesn't even have an army and they have managed to survive while world wars were raging around them.

We need to find our "stones" and reattach them lest we be known as the country that became emasculated by the threat of men wearing beards and turbans thousands of miles away.

Live free or die; death is not the worst of all evils. Tyranny is.

3Bs

1 comment:

  1. Stones? We have stones? Why didn't someone tell me!

    ReplyDelete