Saturday, July 05, 2008

I Have Two Brothers

One is an Obamatron, the other is a self-centered effing douchebag.  The Obamatron asked me to send him some links regarding Obama's reversal on the Fourth Amendment and I'll deal with that right after this message to the most selfish, disrespecting flipping idiot I currently know.  Other than the current occupant of the White House.

Baby bro, your mother has been trying to call you for the last month, but it seems that you have disconnected the number you have had for over 15 years and left no forwarding number.    She has no way of contacting you and time is getting short.  Mom had another little stroke during our heat wave a few weeks ago and now has serious balance problems as well as the ongoing deterioration of her mental processes.  Some of this deterioration could be slowed if she had a little more contact from the baby of the family.  She's depressed, yet she always cheers up when she hears your voice.  Call collect if you need to.

K, do her and yourself a favor and pull your head out of your ass. It's dark and depressing in there and prevents you from seeing the light.   In less than a month you will be 47 years old and it's time to act like a grownup and accept responsiblity for your actions and quit blaming your dad, your brother, me and anyone else that doesn't worship at your feet and tremor at the glory of your voice.   As your older sister and the firstborn of the family, I have mollycoddled you your whole life because I felt that you were too emotionally fragile to hear the truth about yourself.  Your feelings no longer concern me and any respect or admiration I had for your talents has evaporated since all you do is talk and you have wasted ALL the advantages you have had since the day you were born.   And you had a lot of them.

While you obsess over slights, real and imagined, you never acknowledge the benefits of being the last child.  You always had new bikes, clothes and toys, and if you didn't like those, the parents would give you the ones that I or your brother had.  Which you would break immediately.  Other than kindergarten,  you were in the same school system until you graduated.  I attended six.    You were groomed from the age of twelve to be a computer programmer,  your brother was actively ignored by the system yet still has an MBA, and I was denied entry to automotive and science classes because my duty was to get married and have babies and that type of knowledge was something that wouldn't be needed.  Come talk with me sometime and we can trade instances of who got screwed and when.  I bet that any objective observer will agree that it was me who was disadvantaged and discarded  and that you need to spend some time reassessing your extremely distorted version of past events.

And by the way, the reason your father was gone so often was because the Air Force needed his skills to listen in on our enemies and he chose to go to Korea instead of Vietnam because he had a wife and three children and didn't want to die in a war that we weren't going to win.   He was right, but you are so wrapped up in feeling sorry for yourself that it probably never occurred to you that we always moved or dad was sent away on my birthday.   Specifically my second, sixth, eighth, twelfth, thirteenth and fifteenth.  After a little research I discovered it was the anniversary date of his graduating from basic training and that's when his orders were effective.   It wasn't his fault and I refuse to keep blaming him for something he had no control over.  And N, the reason dad went to Arizona the year before he retired was because I was in eleventh grade and refused to go a different high school.  I told him I was tired of trying to make new friends and that I would just drop out and he wouldn't be able to do anything about it.  Dad felt that even the restricted education I was getting was more important than forcing us to move to another state where we didn't know anyone.  So.  Get.  Over.  It.

On a lighter note, N, here are some people who have commented on Obama's arrogant dismissal of the evisceration of the Fourth Amendment.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
I've ranted on the subject, Glenn Greenwald wrote an excellent assessment, the Dark Wraith explained it from a historical perspective in plain language, that guy Kos who I won't link to, has vowed not to send another dime,  Talking Points Memo has an extremely useful timeline of Obama statemnents in the last year and I'm pretty sure the Google has more links than I want to read or list.  More than one paper believes that Obama has either made a move towards the center or that he was always there and the list could go on.  And on.

No comments:

Post a Comment