Friday, October 03, 2008

How Stupid Are These People?

Cheez n' rice! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!  Parents are petitioning to have yoga classes removed from the curriculum because they feel it violates the boundaries between church and state.  I almost choked on my tea when I read that.  I'll bet if they wanted to teach a bible class this wouldn't be an issue.

When I was in college at Cal Poly I took a yoga class and it was scheduled right before my calculus class.  For the weeks of midterms and finals all we did was stretch, breathe and relax.  The benefits to me were shown when I took the tests.  I would look at the questions and instead of panic setting in, I was able to recall quite a bit more than my studying had indicated and I passed the course.  Religion was never brought up in yoga class, either at school or at the gym.  The sole purpose was to get exercise at the same time as restoring good blood flow to the ligaments and tendons.
"People have made it a religious war, and it's not a religious war. We are basically concerned parents, saying we don't want our children participating in something that could cause them more stress and confusion," Lucid said.
Honestly, this country is getting dumber by the second.  It's a good thing Lucid is his name, because lucid he is not.

BBB

1 comment: