Thursday, February 12, 2009

So Screwed

Just got this email.
Debra,

I've tried to reach you by phone but haven't had any luck. I was going to try to call you last night but was so fucking sick I couldn't stay up that late.

We have a problem. My son, Heath, called me Monday to inform me that he had been laid off from his job at the Railroad. He asked if he and the kids (my grandchildren) could move back in with me until he can find work.

I can't tell him no, Debra. I hope you understand why.

How long they will be here is any one's guess.I know this is going to be a low blow for you and your mother, and I'm so sorry, but what else can I do? Even though we can't get you two out here right now, there's nothing to stop us once Heath finds work and gets back on his own two feet.
My response and it unfortunately, happens to be true.  I'm sick to my stomach, I'm shaking and I have no idea what to do now.  None, nada, zilch.
Vicki,

I am so totally screwed.  I canceled the lawyers, have told everyone I'm leaving and promised the landlord we would be out of here by the 21st.  I wouldn't have done that if you hadn't suggested it.   I have no where else to go.  No where.  We are now homeless and worse off than we were a week ago.

We are totally screwed.

D
I've known something was up since Monday but I thought I would have found out earlier if it was this bad.  Now, I'm crying.  No matter what I do, I just make my situation worse.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, brothers, where art though?
    Seriously, I'd never be able to dump my Mom, who is a a shared responsibility, on my sister, and still be able to look at myself in the mirror again.

    Deb, are your brothers those useless crackhead type of fuckers with their ass hanging out of there pants or what?

    Hang in there Deb.
    I always try to remember my favourite saying from the I Ching:
    'Perseverance furthers!'
    Taking a big breath and repeating that over and over seems to help me at times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but the brother with the MBA is worried that I will "invade" his home as he put it and the other one is just gone.

    I have no clue as to where we can go but what I did do was send emails to the local tv stations and hopefully they will investigate why child molesters get to stay and we have to go. Before my head explodes and hopefully before mom and I end up on the street.

    ReplyDelete