Friday, June 19, 2009

Canceling The Washington Post

My letter to the Ombudsman regarding the firing of Dan Froomkin.  They have been removed from Google Reader and I will no longer refer tor link to them in any way.  My hope is that more people follow suit and that the "paper" goes out of business.  Soon.
For quite a while your paper has been going downhill and now you have hit rock bottom.  You might as well start referring to the WaahPoo as a written extension of Faux News since it is now impossible to tell the difference.  While I may miss Eugene Robinson, I can no longer read, link or in anyway treat you as a trusted news or opinion source.  What is sad for you is that quite a few other people will  be treating you the same way.  You will be eliminated from my news sources, I will not read anything that is linked to you and I will be deactivating my account.  If I didn't live all the way across the country I would have had a subscription which I could have canceled at the same time.  Your paper is no longer fit to line the bottom of a birdcage and you will soon be printing in a vacuum.

Enjoy your paper's remaining time, it won't be long before you go the way of the Rocky Mountain news, but unlike the them I will not be sad to see you go.  You have had some good stories and reporters in the past but recent decisions have made you irrelevant.

Goodbye.
I remember when papers printed news, not propaganda.  Along with quite a few of the other founding principles of this country the Fourth Estate has gone the way of the Dodo bird.

BBB

No comments:

Post a Comment