Saturday, December 19, 2009

I See You Won First Prize

For my thirtieth birthday I traveled  to Vancouver, BC for the 1986 World's Fair and had one of the best times of my life, so far.   I attended the fair for two days before I decided I would rather travel around and enjoy the city.  The fair itself was pretty boring, but Vancouver has a killer selection of restaurants, bars and pubs and the fair had additional choices.

Guinness is my favorite beer and fish and chips are one of my favorite meals (can you tell I was born in in the British Isles?), so I hung out in a few of the different pubs.  One of the more memorable times was hanging out in the Scottish tent at the fair a little after eleven in the morning.  They had a great band who  taught the audience drinking songs, one of which was this:


Ring did diddle little laddie oh!

There were others, but Guinness has obscured the memories.  

BBB

No comments:

Post a Comment