Monday, January 04, 2010

Thank You Netflix Streaming

The chin.  Those lips.  The eyes.  The smile.  OMG, I'm in love with Captain Jack.  That would be Harkness, not Sparrow.  Whenever he's on screen I spend most of my time thinking about how good looking he is, how he resembles Mark Harmon in some interesting ways and what I'd like him to do to me.  Whether it's the seductive looks he gives Gwen that his body can't cash, the passionate kisses with Ianto and Captain John Hart (James Marsters from Buffy), or slow dancing with the man who inspired his name, Jack has stolen my heart.

I know it is a passion that will never be returned since he is committed to a civil partnership, but John Barrowman has replaced Nathan Fillion as the sexiest (vote for John as the gay man of the decade. Yes, I know the decade isn't over yet and Neil Patrick Harris is a good guy, but not nearly as good looking) science fiction captain.  Besides, Torchwood has more episodes than Firefly to drool over.  And I'm definitely drooling.  Whoever thinks that the British are uptight, hasn't been watching BBC television.  They have more sex than an R rated movie, it's tastefully done and treated as a fact of life.  That some American viewers are disturbed by the allusions to homosexual sex while heterosexual sex is shown, only demonstrates how far the stick is up our ass about sex.  Everybody does it, otherwise the human race would have died out long ago.  And a lot of people do it just for fun, which goes a long way to explaining why more babies are born in July, August and September.  There's not much else to do when one is snowed in.

Torchwood's first season was a little slow, but still fascinating.  The second season rounds out the characters with well placed humor and hints of independence.  Ianto has blossomed from an uptight fixer to a dry and witty character in his own right.  Plus, he gets to kiss Captain Jack.  Often.  Gwen, Owen and Toshiko make an interesting crew and the storylines are different than the normal crap shown here in the US.  Why in the world did I read the Torchwood Wiki? Now I know what happens to the characters.  I do hope there is a Season 4.

Oh well, at least I have a few more episodes left to indulge my fantasies.

BBB

No comments:

Post a Comment