I love music and back when I was a little girl we didn't have iPods, but we did have portable AM radios. With one earplug, which was okay because stereo was reserved for old people who listened to classical music. Unfortunately I have no musical ability whatsoever and the only time I can carry a tune (You do not want to see me dance, I make a frog in a blender look good) is when I'm holding a radio. Or my iPod.
As I've mentioned before my musical tastes vary widely and some of my favorite lyrics are found below. Can you guess the song and the artist? Don't cheat, the answers are at the bottom.
1. Got the wings of heaven on my shoes, I'm a dancin' man and I just can't lose.
2. You're built like a car, you've got a hubcap diamond star halo
3. I'm in the hi-fidelity first class traveling set And I think I need a Lear jet
4. Second verse, same as the first.
5. Whiskey bottles and brand new cars, Oak tree you're in my way
6. Oh say can you see my eyes? If you can then my ...
7. And now you're back from outer space
8. The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath
9. And then he grabbed her (and then) He tied her up (and then, and then)
10. I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
11. You're bringing me down. You stood and you watched as my baby left town.
12. I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love that there is no cure for. (Inspired by #6)
Easy bonus lyrics
13. You are my candy girl and you've got me wanting you
1. Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees
2. Bang a Gong (Get it On) by T. Rex or Power Station depending on which decade you remember the best.
3. Money by Pink Floyd
4. Henry the VIII by Herman's Hermits
5. That Smell by Lynyrd Skynyrd
6. Hair by The Cowsills
7. I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
8. Battle of Evermore by Led Zeppelin
9 Along Came Jones by The Coasters
10. Crazy by Gnarls Barkley
11. Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band
12. I Think Love You by the Partridge Family
13. Sugar, Sugar by the Archies