Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Stupid, It Burns

I don't tweet, I find it stupid and a waste of time.  There is nothing going on in my life, or quite a few other people's, that needs to be posted for the world to see every other minute.  And I certainly wouldn't want to post anything that harms another person or reveals thoughts that are better left unsaid.
At 2:29 p.m. ET, UT’s Lauren E. Pierce wrote: “Y’all as tempting as it may be, don’t shoot Obama. We need him to go down in history as the WORST president we’ve EVER had! #2012.”

Pierce, the president of the College Republicans at UT Austin, told ABC News the comment was a “joke” and that the “whole [shooting incident] was stupid.” Giggling, she said that an attempted assassination would “only make the situation worse.”
That an idiot from Texas would post something like this less than a week away from the 48th anniversary of a sitting President assassinated in Texas, boggles the mind.   I, along with most people alive at that time, know exactly where I was when I heard that President Kennedy had been shot and killed.  I may have been seven years old, but like most of the people in the United States at that time, I will never, ever, forget how traumatized we were as a nation.  

Ms. Pierce's behavior is wrong on so many levels that one wonders exactly what they are, or not, teaching at the University of Texas.  It makes me wonder if anyone from the state of Texas should be allowed to hold any office with the title of President.

2 comments:

  1. We need him to go down in history as the WORST president we’ve EVER had!
    The mind shudders at the prospect of determining who the worst was--Grant, Fillmore, Bush I, Bush II, Obombya,....
    Suffice it to say that each one was worse than the other.

    ReplyDelete