Saturday, October 15, 2005

Found this guy this morning

What a great post! I was on Mixter's site and she had this link.
Biomes Blog: "Reply to anonymous conservative emailer:
Yes, I am a liberal. I’m not a moderate, I’m not a progressive. I’m a liberal. A label I am more proud of every day.

I do not hate America, I love her. And I believe in everything that is good about this country and I oppose everything that is not.
I despise corporate welfare.
I support the right of a woman to control her own body.
I believe every child should have access to the best education we can give them.
I oppose wars based on profit, greed and lies.
I believe it is our duty to protect ecosystems and biodiversity.
I want my children and grandchildren to inherit a healthy environment.
I believe that every person should be afforded the best health care regardless of their income.
I hate racism, sexism and homophobia.
I believe, as our founding fathers did, in the separation of church and state.
I favor fiscal responsibility and fairness in government.
I oppose cruelty to children, pets and wildlife.
I think the “war on drugs” is a sham.
I want energy independence and the emergence of alternative energy sources.
I don’t want to see our country interfering in another nation’s business, except to stop genocide or to encourage environmental responsibility.
I believe global warming is a real threat and that we need to take steps to stop this disaster in its tracks.
I believe in science, not mythology.
I think every American deserves the opportunities of an education and access to jobs that provides a living wage.
I believe in the free market, but that this free market must be regulated to protect the poor from the rich, the weak from the strong.
I believe in free speech and the right to criticize the government when it is acting against our people’s interests.
I am anti-torture.
I am a liberal. Live with it and learn from it. You vote against your own interests. I vote for the interests of everyone."
I tried to post a comment, but Typepad was not cooperating. It just kept hanging so this was my response.

"Your list rocks, I agree totally and am on my way to Unpartisan.com to change my listing from moderate to liberal.

If the Dems could get their act together and spout that list without editing, this country would be a better place and soft Repubs would have a reason to switch.

I'm also giving you a thumbs up on my Stumble page.

Great post."

No comments:

Post a Comment