Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My initial Miers Post

I was cooking yesterday and haven't had a chance to check in with Scott at LG&M, or Volokh or anyone else for that matter. I've read a few headlines, nothing really informative. I have definite issues with the crony part seeing how well that has worked out in the past.
CNN.com - Nominee courts support from senators - Oct 3, 2005: "Frist said he hoped to have a vote on Miers' nomination by Thanksgiving."
I really believe that Donald Rumsfeld has the original quote on the matter,
As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don't know
We don't know.

It didn't go over so well the first time, but you know how Bushco is into recycling and conservation these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment