Thursday, October 20, 2005

Someone made a lot of money off of these people

Not that I wouldn't want to hold that ticket in Oregon but,
CNN.com - Winning $340 million lotto ticket sold in Oregon - Oct 20, 2005: "Mary Neubauer, spokeswoman for the Iowa Lottery, said hundreds of ticket buyers had played a set of numbers from the ABC drama 'Lost,' which featured a character who won $156 million by playing a string of digits obtained from a patient in a mental institution: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42."
I wonder how many people have been playing those numbers since they saw the episode? How lucky have they been? For $340 million I would buy a ticket, just for the what if value. I saw Louie Anderson perform in Vegas many years ago and he spoke about Keno andthat the odds of hitting the jackpot were the same as landing on the moon that night. I got that concept because it was physically impossible to achieve.
"Susie Siebke crossed the Mississippi River from Illinois to buy 25 Powerball tickets for herself and five co-workers. "We only buy just whenever it gets this high," Siebke, 30, said as she stood in line at a convenience store in Bettendorf."
I might walk across the street to buy a $1 ticket for a chance at $340 million, but I wouldn't go out of state.

No comments:

Post a Comment