Wednesday, November 02, 2005

How Special

I'm proud to be an Amurican.
US News Article | Reuters.com: "On Tuesday, Senate Finance Chairman Charles Grassley sent a letter to U.S. energy companies, urging them to donate 10 percent of their swelling profits to the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).

Asked by reporters if the administration supported the plan, Bodman responded: 'No, sir. I wouldn't support it. It is similar to a tax.'

Bodman made his remarks after addressing an energy industry group.

Last year, the LIHEAP program spent $2.2 billion to help poor and elderly Americans pay their winter heating bills. Democrats say the fund should be doubled for this winter."
I wish I was part of the elite.

So I could either help, or jet off somewhere in lieu of a conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment