Monday, December 05, 2005

Mob Intimidation Tactics

Are not going to work against the press. At least I hope not.
Washington Post's Response to DOJ Patriot Act Letter: "The Nov. 23 letter to Congress from Assistant Attorney General William E. Moschella said The Post created the false impression that national security letters empower the FBI 'to listen to phone calls or read emails.'

The article in fact said the reverse: 'A national security letter cannot be used to authorize eavesdropping or to read the contents of e-mail.'

Moschella's letter offered 17 additional allegations of factual error. Many relied on assertions that the article implied or insinuated things it did not, in fact, say. The Justice Department objections are summarized below in bold print"
I worry about the actual intelligence level of the people left in our government. Rational logical thinking does not seem to be a job requirement.

Now I don't want to sound paranoid, but I know I did a post and linked to the original WaPo article. It is nowhere in my archives (I've had a couple disappear) and ever since Nov. 6th, Technorati refuses to update and show that I have posted any articles. According to them it has been 30 since my last confession, I mean post. We all know that's not true.

I didn't make O'Lielly's list so how could I have offended anyone with the power to access Blogger and remove posts?

No comments:

Post a Comment