Monday, April 03, 2006

I thought I might become a scotch drinker

But I am having a little trouble getting past the burn factor. Johnnie Walker Red I heard was good and it is all I could find beside Creme de Menthe. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, I would rate the pain in my toe as an 8 and 1/2, my knee as a 6 and am feeling a little cranky from the pain. I can't believe I am allergic to all pain meds except aspirin (love it), demerol and toradol. Oh yeah they give those out at the dispensary. Riiight. I can't get a pharmacist or doctor to okay taking some aspirin for the pain, so I thought the Johnnie Walker would help. Rest, ice, compression and elevation aren't even taking the burn out of the toe, maybe another swallow of the scotch and I can whine about which burns more.

Anything but the pain. Who would have thought that a stubbed toe would cause more agony than major surgery? That doctor already said I could go back to work, nobody planned on a worker's comp injury.

What makes scotch taste better?

No comments:

Post a Comment