Saturday, June 24, 2006

Poor Widdle Baby

Somebody didn't get invited to YKos and is a tad upset. The way a two year old who's lost his binky might be.
Respect Must Be Paid - New York Times: "The Keyboard Kingpin, a k a Markos Moulitsas Zuniga, sits at his computer, fires up his Web site, Daily Kos, and commands his followers, who come across like squadrons of rabid lambs, to unleash their venom on those who stand in the way. And in this way the Kingpin has made himself a mighty force in his own mind, and every knee shall bow."
In the beginning I went to DailyKos several times a day. After the election, I was too depressed and now that all the good writers have moved on, I hardly ever check in. While I may find Kos as insufferably arrogant as some members of my family, I would never resort to such a childish display (for the whole world to read) of my ignorance.
But lo, there are doubters. Chris Suellentrop, who writes the Opinionator column on TimesSelect, posted an item on June 16 noting the strange correlation between Armstrong contracts and Kos endorsements. He further reported that the S.E.C. has filed court documents alleging that in 2000 Armstrong touted a dubious software stock on a Web site in exchange for secret payments. Armstrong was accused of building Internet buzz to make money for himself.

The Keyboard Kingpin was displeased by this publicity.

But the Sachem of the Blogosphere restrained his mighty wrath and responded with the cleverness for which he is so justly self-adored. In a private letter to hundreds of his fellow progressive bloggers, the Kingpin declared he would "go on the offensive" in a "couple of months," but in the meantime, a code of omertà was in order. "It would make my life easier if we can confine the story," he wrote. "If any of us blog on this right now, we fuel the story. Let's starve it of oxygen."
Ooh, bad boy coming up with a great idea. Sounds just like normal people's reaction to the blonde harpy (she who should not be named, the little fragmeister). No, I wasn't on the list of people he sent a private letter to. And that's okay, because I am capable of doing my own thinking and drawing my own conclusions. Considering everything else that is going on in the world, a missive from a mortal being (TTLB) doesn't make me snap to attention. Nor does it make me sit weeping in a corner because I'm not invited to the party of the year.

Sounds like someone is a little threatened by the blogosphere. I guess we don't link to him as much as we link to Modo or Rich, but then let's face it, they are more interesting.

And far more grown up.

Was that too venomous?

No comments:

Post a Comment