Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Foodie Wednesday

I wish they had these opportunities when I was a teenager. I used to have a good time in the kitchen at Girl Scout camp when I was a pre-teen, this would have been right up my alley. I started cooking when I was nine. My dad was complaining about my mother's spaghetti sauce and I piped up with "why don't you use the sauce from the chili, they taste the same". The next day I was in the kitchen. I made stuffed peppers for my first meal and I've never looked back.

I love cookbooks, but it is easier to find recipes on the web. My food folder has the most bookmarks including this one for diabetic cooking.

Sour has become one of my favorite flavors. When I was a kid in Puerto Rico we used to sit around in the backyard and suck on limes. The kid whose face changed the least, won. Definitely a more innocent time.

Surf and turf. Variations on a great theme. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to this meal. Steak and lobster. Anything else is a different meal.

How to make aioli for the summer. Actually for anytime, but extremely useful as an accompaniement to grilled foods.

Mile-high lemon pie. Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment