Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday Recipe Roundup

First we start with a little science in the news. I'm sorry, but the geek in me won out. We might have a new solar system. Loving space as much as I do, it was fun to look at the new drawings . I guess somebody is going to have to come up with a new mnemonic (my very enormous monster just sucked up nine planets is my favorite.) When I was in either fifth or sixth grade, we did a play that the class had written. It was about traveling to the planet Sunaru. Must have been fifth grade because we couldn't say the planet Uranus without cracking up. We had costumes and props. It was a lot of fun.

Feed me. My favorite fruity vegetable. I love tomatoes and my lone plant is doing well, I've found five tomatoes and quite a few flowers. I hold out hope that they will ripen so I can serve them with the fresh basil that is also in the garden and a touch of olive oil.

Quick one pan meals are a great idea for hot days, especially if you are tired of grilling. Lavender is a wonderful herb, it tastes as good as it smells. The melon soup recipe sounds good, but this is my favorite cold soup. I increase the spices (which I do on just about every recipe), mom just loves this one.

Click on the Bildstrecke starten link under the tiger to see the extremely cute animals enjoy their frozen treats.

For those of you who like to play with your food, here is the Mentos/Diet Coke experiment. Please try the trick outside. I can see where these two items might not be allowed on an airliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment