Wednesday, October 11, 2006

How Little The Times Have Changed

When I was a little girl there were no dolls of color, which didn't really bother me because I thought dolls were boring (I had discovered books). I did have one doll and that was my Betsy Wetsy. I loved that doll. I had the one with the delay wetting feature and always used to set my dad up to be wet on until it mysteriously disappeared during a move.

I do know that I would have had the same reaction as the kids in this study, you can't help it when everything and everyone around you demonizes the color of your skin and you are made to feel ashamed because you don't have straight blond hair. Kids are smarter and more observant than they are given credit for, they just might not be able to express it as well. As has been noted before, kids say the darndest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment