Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The More Things Change

The more they stay the same. This was a subject on another site just the other day but I never expected this. Recycling is so popular lately.

A part of The Diary of Anne Frank will soon pass into history with her. Fortunately somebody thought ahead and in a few years there will be another tree to replace it, but it won't be the same. 150 years won't be replaced in an instant or even a decade. It won't look the same but since most people have never read the book I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Yup, things are so much better in Iraq, as the crew without a clue maintains course, straight into oblivion. Why is it so easy for those who have never suffered to impose suffering on others?

But I like red meat. I prefer the kind that was raised without hormones. I wonder if this study took into account whether or not the 512 women ate fast food or one of the cheaper grades of meat. Cosentinos brought back the Painted Hills brand of ground meat, now I can make meatloaf again. Like my brother, I am not fond of commingled meats.

Considering some of the other stuff that evangelicals believe, it shouldn't be much of a surprise that they will endorse and do anything to bring about their version of Armageddon. They call it support for Israel, I call it willful interference in a country they refused to acknowledge until recently. How can you call yourself a Christian and have no intention to living up to true Christian principles like loving your fellow human as you love yourself or helping those who are unfortunate. I love how they pick and choose what parts of the Bible to believe.

Talking about counting your chickens before they are hatched makes this article even more interesting. What exactly was wrong with the way we were taught in the fifties, sixties and early seventies? I didn't understand long division at first, now I can do some problems in my head. Rounding off is my friend, then I add or subtract the leftovers.

Yippee! This has been in the works for a few months, now it really going to happen. Mom will be so happy, she was sad when we watched the last episode but she wants Garibaldi to return. And Bester of course. Now that was a character that I loved to hate and yet still feel sorry for him.

Heroes had me glued to the tv last night. If H.R.G. loves his daughter so much why doesn't he warn her? And how did he know how much heroin to give Isaac? Like many people Hiro is one of my favorite characters but the time paradoxes are going to confuse those who were confused by The Terminator. I guess all those years I read science fiction and comics are going to pay off. Save the cheerleader, save the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment