Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday Night Musings

Technology is a wonderful thing, except for when it isn't. Surrounded by sensors and cameras that aren't obvious to the average person doesn't sound like a recipe for freedom. This stuff sounds great when it's on a tv show or scifi movie, not so great in practice. Tiny little motes. Not the Mote in God's Eye, but a threat nonetheless.

This really isn't funny. The more cute animated movies we have, the more the real life stars from the animal kingdom die off or are endangered at a phenomenal rate. Now, it's the honeybee's turn. I guess I'll stock up on honey since it doesn't go bad. Ever.

I'm barbecuing half a chicken for dinner tonight. Just thought I'd throw that out there, since we were supposed to have this big, bad rainstorm for the weekend. Griiled asparagus and a sun-dried tomato risotto. Yum.

I think, therefore I'm single. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. And yes, I do hate Valentine's day. Always have. It's an even more artificial holiday than Christmas, and that takes some doing.

The Iran farce continues. Instead of proof, show pictures of what you think the evidence looks like. My favorite quote comes from Main and Central. "Show them a picture of a Romulan sub-atomic disruptor." I love good snark almost as much as I like good blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment