Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Die Hard Wednesday

Finally! The movie is out and I am headed off to enjoy it this afternoon. The critics even like it, which makes me nervous but it should be a rocking good time.

Just like quite a few geeks (Kvatch snuck back in for a post), Blade Runner is a favorite of mine, especially the Directors Cut. From the special effects, to the philosophical issue of what makes one human, to the array of stars that populate the movie it was a movie that made you think. I went to see Harrison Ford and got Edward James Olmos, Rutger Hauer, Joanna Cassidy, Darryl Hannah, Sean Young, William Sanderson and M. Emmet Walsh with him. The soundtrack was brilliant and the visual effects were stunning, portraying a depressingly accurate version of our impending future, complete with bad weather. Belated, happy birthday wishes to a movie that has held up and even improved over time. Plus it has one of my favorite movie lines of all time. Almost unconscious from the beating that Leon is administering come the line "Wake up, time to die". Still cracks me up after all these years.

According to David Pogue and Dizzy Dean, "it ain't bragging if you've done it". I want an iPhone, I do, I do. Why couldn't it be on the Verizon network? That would have been sweet.

I am so surprised. It seems that in 2006 the rich got richer, like a lot richer. I'm surprised that they printed it, but then the cynic in me took over and I found a plausible reason. It seems that the Cost of Living Extremely Well (CLEW, no joke) has gone up. I guess we're supposed to feel sorry for them. Poor babies, it must be hard on them to realize that their money doesn't go as far as it used to.

More people should administer the verbal smackdown to she who should not be named. If the average person had made the same comments, they would be in jail. For making terrorist threats, but then she isn't normal, is she?

2 comments: