Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Ringy Dingy Edition

The biggest flaw in the iPhone is AT&T, otherwise remembered as Ma Bell, complete with all of the billing issues and poor customer service that Ernestine (Technorati readers welcome, enjoy the clip. It was ahead of its time in portraying the problem with service) pointed out so hilariously. Almost forty years ago.

On Sunday I made my annual trip to the Garlic Festival and what a disappointment it was. The parking was not as smooth or as convenient (and I was there at 10 am) as in previous years plus the Highway Patrol was taking pictures of license plates. There were very few garlic tasting booths, usually there is everything from garlic chocolate to different kinds of garlic mustards, etc. The garlic ice cream was still there but the escargot stand was gone as were all the habanero options. They had more clothes, paintings and trinkets for sale than anything related to garlic. But the real kick in the pants was when they swiped my I.D. through a reader for me to buy a beer. Gourmet Alley was moved to the back and called a cooking demo. In other words, it sucked.

I did try gator tail, tastes like chicken.

Big brother coming to a city near you. Unfortunately, this city really is near me. In fact I'll be there tomorrow night with the rest of the BARBARians.

Toilets need a redesign to help save water, but the squat toilet will never take off in the states, too many knee and hip problems.

Who jumps from the Golden Gate Bridge? Mostly 41 year old white men from the Bay area. On the average two people a month discover that it isn't the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment