Saturday, February 09, 2008

It's That Time Of Year Again

Talk about cycles! Every year just like clockwork, the articles appear. Women belong in their place. Barefoot, pregnant, three steps back and to the right, available for sex at any hour of the day or night, covered and begging to be the slave of some man because she doesn't want to be "lonely".

A bad relationship is not better than no relationship at all. I would rather be single and happy (which I am) than coupled and oppressed (which I was). But that may be because I define myself as an individual, not as an incomplete person who needs outside validation from a husband or child to make me feel like a woman. What a concept.

Of course if some guy wanted to pay all my bills, provide sex when requested and disappear when not wanted, I might be convinced to compromise my principles and whore myself out for some imaginary peace of mind.

Just not in this lifetime.

3Bs

7 comments:

  1. Well, I guess asking you out is out of the question then?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I have no objections to dating, it's the commitment thing I have issue with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, Deb. I'm actually looking forward to just being on my own. I just got my daughter married, came off a two-year-stint of being sole caregiver for my dying father, and now take care of my mother, who has lung disease, in my home. I don't need or want anyone else to take care of, and I've yet to meet a man who wants to take care of me, or at least split the job 50/50. No thanks. I'll happily be the eccentric lady on the block -- it'll be fun to psych out the kids. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sorry, I didn't mean to unload on you like that. I'm thrilled that the Giants won and glad to hear your breathing is better. But I'm still voting for Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't unload, you made me feel like I wasn't alone. :) My life as a caretaker is out of control and doesn't look like it's going to let up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Deb! Thanks for stopping by my place and blogrolling me. You're now on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew I saw a kindred spirit in you. Hang in there. I'm going to Ireland for two months if I live through it.

    ReplyDelete