Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday Morning Observations

One of the things that I hated about being a military kid were the school transfers. When I was six, we moved back from France and I went to finished first grade in Spokane, WA. Which was only for four weeks and then summer vacation started and we moved on base. So for second grade I went to school on base. I started fourth grade in Puerto Rico and seventh in Lompoc and when we were supposed to move for my junior year, I had had enough and threatened to drop out of school, so I graduated from Cabrillo. Every time we moved it was the same thing all over again and I see that many (many) years later, it continues to happen. Kids shouldn't have to suffer because their parents are serving in the military.

How many of these obsolete skills do you have? I had more than my share, one of which was a specialty when I was a child. Getting up to change the channel on the tv. Unlike the kids of tomorrow, doing it with a blink of the eye.

20 ways to live on almost nothing. Professional caretaker? Naah, I'd feel too much like Kato Katlin.

Last night we watched part of the Dexter DVD that I got from Netflix and then caught the tail end of an extremely edited version on CBS in HD. Wow, what a difference! The DVD was good but HD was definitely clearer. Makes me wonder how long it's going to take before Blu-Ray players come down to reasonable levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment