Thursday, February 28, 2008

STFU Edition

First up, Bill O'Reilly. Comparing Arianna Huffington to Nazis and the KKK is beyond the pale. My mom grew up in Germany under the Hitler regime and she finds that the right wing's behavior is more like her childhood memories than a group that has America's best interests at heart. Captain Falafel has quite a bit of chutzpah to run around accusing people on the left as hate mongers.

After the bottom fell out here in Silicon Valley, the number of BMWs and Mercedes dropped tremendously and the number of Hondas and Nissans increased. Maybe people start spending their money more wisely when they have less of it to waste.

Today's leap of the Grand Canyon, spanking kids leads to sexual deviancy. Because anything besides the missionary position is considered...odd.

Bush speaks and reveals his stupidity. But I repeat myself.

And we end with the conservative (as in keeping the rich, richer) members of the Supreme Court. Exxon can more than afford to pay its fine, and more importantly, should. Nineteen years after causing an environmental catastrophe of disturbing proportions, Exxon is relying on having stalled long enough that they won't be held accountable. Sort of like the plot of the new John Grisham novel. I think he knows something.

Big Brass Blog

4 comments:

  1. I know a German in her upper 70s that says the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try really hard not to outright hate most politicians. I know that they have different opinions to consider besides mine, and I've seen radical right-leaning pols make very good legislative decisions at times. The same thing with op-eds and journalists. Kinda like hate the sin, love(tolerate) the sinner. BO is a whole different cat. I despise the sight of him to the point where I can honestly say that he is the very edge of "free speech" that I would consider fighting for. He tapdances right on the line of hate-mongering, race-baiting bullshit. If Bill-O and Ann Coulter had a child, it's head would melt as soon as the doctor whacked it's butt to clear the air passage, and the flames shoot out it's eyes. Being the Anti-Christ, it will remain unaffected. Too bad about the Doctor, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that most amazes me about Exxon is that if they had just finished the cleanup at the beginning the problem wouldn't still be around. In the meantime, they've probably spent more on legal defense than the cleanup cost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb. I wanted you to know, that I nominated you for Women's Voices Making History. Your blog is on my list of over 300 women blogging about politics, and I am currently going through it, and nominating blogs that I think are most worthy. Anyone can nominate a blogger, so if you have others you would like to nominate, all you have to do is go to the site at Women's Voices, Women Vote. :-)

    Best,

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete