Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Obama Ranks Ninth

At least in this post.  I wonder if it will get me locked out of my Blogger account like others who didn't show the proper appreciation of the new boy wonder.

Yippee!  100 members of the California National Guard return to San Jose from a yearlong tour in Iraq.  Unfortunately they won't be able to enjoy their time at home because there are so many fires that firefighters are having to let some fires rage in an effort to save communities.  So they can flood if we get any rain this coming winter.

He could be looking for Larry and Curly or he could be looking for a member of the opposite sex. 

When I was a teenager one of my chores was to take the cars to the gas station and wait in line to fill them up.  Both of our cars had odd numbered plates and I would waste a whole afternoon filling up the '63 Galaxy 500 and then the '69 Mustang.  I'd take a book, crank up the AM radio and off to wait in line I went.  I didn't mind because it gave me a real excuse to be out of the house and Dad didn't know how long the lines were.  Or weren't.  At no time did I have to dodge bullets or push my car towards a station I couldn't see and then when I got there find out it wasn't working because there wasn't any electricity.  For the Iraqis it's like the old saying, "water, water everywhere, nor a drop to drink."

I'm so happy that troop deaths are down in Iraq.  Too bad the same can't be said for Afghanistan.

Coming soon to a home near you.  And if you complain about the government, it will probably be sooner rather than later.

We don't take care of our own veterans, we certainly aren't going to take care of Iraq's.     Out of sight and out of mind.  Just the way America likes all of its problems.  That way we can pretend we had nothing to do with destroying their lives.

Meryl Streep is not the reason I want to see Mamma Mia!  Nor is it Pierce Brosnan, Stellan Skaarsgard or Colin Firth and it's definitely not the ABBA music.   My reason is Amanda Seyfried, who's character's untimely death was the reason for Veronica Mars first season.

This reminds me of  In The Year 2525 except the that we won't have to wait until the year 6565 to pick our kids from the bottom of a long glass tube.

Last, and most certainly not least, Obama wants to not only continue a Bush plan, he wants to expand it.  Even if it doesn't work and encourages religious discrimination.  He will do anything and say anything to get elected.  Next thing you know, he'll be encouraging the citizenry to believe we want to stay in Iraq and bomb Iran.   Politicians may look different, but they all want the same thing.  Power, fame and fortune.  And they don't care who they have to step on to get it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, cheer up. At least you didn't have to resort to this when you gassed up the old man's car:
    http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Woman_exchanges_sex_for_gasoline_0702.html

    ReplyDelete