Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Raining

I'm wheezing, my chest is tight and I've taken all the medicine I'm allowed.  As soon as the weather changed this morning I knew I was going to be in trouble.  I called the clinic and I still can't get in to see the doctor before March 18th and the wheezing has gotten worse throughout the day.

Having been through this more than once, I know that I will steadily decrease in breathing regularly, so I broke down and called the doctor's office again.  I tried to explain to the person that answered the phonee that the doctor could either write me a prescription for Prednisone (hate the stuff but it works for me) and I could pick it up at the pharmacy or sometime after two am I shall have to make my way to the emergency room.  I could go now but I would just have to sit out with people who are coughing and have goodness knows what or I can wait until the lack of oxygen gets me immediate attention.

I thought about not putting on my pajamas and stay in my regular clothes but this way I can take a book, wear a decent robe and boots, have the iPod fully charged and some extra blankets while I wait for them to go through the usual routine of two or three breathing treatments, a massive dose of Prednisone with a prescription for the rest of the week and lots of interns to listen to the funny sounds my lungs are making. Then after wasting at least eight hours I get to go home with the prescription for Prednisone and sleep for most of the day since you get very little sleep in an emergency ward.

So, what do you guys have planned?

BBB

1 comment:

  1. What do I have planned? Nothing quite so exciting as you.

    Be well my friend, be well.

    ReplyDelete