Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Morning Threesome

The Frisco Kid was always a favorite movie.  Harrison Ford and Gene Wilder were great together and it isn't every day a movie comes along with Yiddish humor.  Oy gevalt!  That being said, it seems that Yiddish have a few pithy sayings and truisms that weren't discussed in polite company and now they are about to be printed.  Again.  "Yiddish Sayings Mama Never Taught You".  I'll bet she didn't.
Der pelts unter dem vaybershn boykh iz dos tayerste futerl.

The pelt under a woman's belly is the world's most expensive furpiece.
Who knew?

The only thing I'm going to say about China's attitude toward black people is this.  I got more respect in Alabama in the seventies.  When I was in acupuncture school I asked one of my Chinese teachers a question and his response was this, "I'm not going to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand."  Not one of those (I can do it to!) teachers gave me anything higher than a B- despite being one of only seven people to pass the intern exams and finishing my patient requirements in six clinic shifts instead of the nine it took most people.  Patients and clinic staff loved me, my Chinese teachers not so much.  I especially liked the way they held their breath when I walked by.  Some of my teachers wanted me to file a complaint but you know what they call the guy who graduates last in medical school?  Doctor.  My 3.69 was good enough for me.

Do you read the People of WalMart?  I have it on the reader and sometimes the pictures make me close my eyes in embarrassment.  For the people in the pictures. And sometimes I just laugh.

BBB

No comments:

Post a Comment