Thursday, January 14, 2010

Humor From Dummies

I love ventriloquists and have since I was a little girl.  Paul Winchell got me started, Wayland Flowers was brilliant without needing to be seen (Madame was risque in a way that she couldn't be today) and Jay Johnson (remember when Jodie hid Bob and Chuck was so desperate that he used a grapefruit to talk instead?) sealed the deal.  Jeff Dunham is talented with an unfortunate tendency to be racist, but Achmed the Dead Terroristdoes crack me up.

So, last night I'm searching through the Netflix watch instantly offerings and I stumble across Terry Fator.  I don't watch reality shows that don't involve cooking so I missed him on something called America's Got Talent.  I don't know who he was up against, but Terry definitely deserved to win.  From Michael Jackson to Patsy Cline the man definitely has talent. As a commenter so aptly pointed out, most of can't even sing with our mouths open.

It occurs to me that I am finally getting the most out of Netflix.  Mom goes to bed early and I slip on the headphones and can watch some of the stuff that I like but mom doesn't.  Isn't technology wonderful?

BBB

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete