Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Music On My Mind

I caught the last few minutes of Southland the other day and the music made me stop and listen.  I told my mom I thought it was Willie Nelson and due to the wonders of YouTube, I found it.  I've listened to the Bob Dylan original and I have to admit that Willie does the song a little better. This is the version from the last few minutes of Southland, a show that I think I need to add to my viewing schedule.This is the full Willie version, I apologize for the German, but the video is definitely worth it.It baffles me how I can have Glenn Miller, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Dusty Springfield, The Monkees, Beatles, MC Hammer, Joan Baez,Three Dog Night, Whitesnake, Alvin and The Chipmunks, the Four Tops, Bobby Brown, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, the Pretenders, Depeche Mode, Gnarls Barkley, Oingo Boingo, Peggy Lee and Finger Eleven on the old iPod.   And who could forget Roger Miller?Love that song ever since I saw him on Red Skelton.

This one is for the teabaggers who have forgotten what it was really like in the fifties and early sixties.BBB

No comments:

Post a Comment