Saturday, October 29, 2005

My Final Miers Post

I kept quiet because I had the feeling that it wasn't going to work out and couldn't see stressing about it.
Hypocrisy and The Miers Case: "As John R. Tunis once wrote, 'Losing is the great American sin.' But Miers, who is undoubtedly a hurting victim in this whole melodrama and deserving of compassion and kindness, is not the loser. No, the losers are those mostly conservative posturers and pretenders who now stand exposed as political hypocrites.

Who said repeatedly some variation of 'every judicial nominee and the American people and the president deserve a fair up-or-down vote?' If you answered virtually every Republican senator, especially Sens. Orrin Hatch of Utah, Sam Brownback of Kansas and Bill Frist of Tennessee, you would be more than right.

In addition to that 'up-or-down vote,' every judicial nominee, according to those same honorable folks, was entitled to a fair committee hearing. Every judicial nominee, it turns out, except Miers. She didn't even get the hearing, let alone 'the fair up-or-down vote' she deserved."
Why worry about hypocrisy now? The Republicans and the Bush administration have specialized in "do as I say, not as I do" for so long people think that is the way the world works. Rules only apply when needed and only to other people.

I find it interesting how the MSM is slowly waking up and doing it's job. I can't say better late than never, because frankly, that just isn't good enough. I wonder what else they might dig out from under a rock?

No comments:

Post a Comment