Friday, September 08, 2006

For Fourteen Years

My brother's German Shepherd has brought light, love, companionship, hope, exercise, love, humor, safety, friendship, laughter, exploration and love to her family. Bugsy passed on to the big dog park in the sky yesterday, too soon for those who loved her.

I only spent a few weeks with her, but our walks were special. She listened to me pour out my thoughts as we walked thru her neighborhood in Colorado. In my presence she was always a well behaved and loving animal and it was because of my experience with her that I decided to get Shai Shai. She kept my sister-in-law company when my brother traveled, which was often. My nephews grew up with her and another part of their childhood is gone. There is a hole in the universe.

Rest in peace, you will be missed. Greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment