Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday Morning Musings

If 500 of the 20,000 injured (isn't that kind of low?) are amputees and only 50 were in the rehab program at Brooke (main treatment center), what are the other 450 doing for service? Private insurance? I doubt it. This is a shameful situation that has been swept under the rug and now we're supposed to be excited because these guys will have access to a rock climbing wall and a wave pool. I think Peggy Lee sang it best. Is that all there is? Then we'd better dance faster.

Things that mean your character won't last long on Crossing Jordan. Being blond and female (Leslie Bibb, Jennifer Finnigan), being black with a strange name (Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Lorraine Toussaint), or you can disappear without a trace (Ken Howard) just because your storyline runs out. Let's not even get into the Ivan Sergei thing.

I can attest to this, I have personal experience with trying to make a German smile. Fifty years I have been trying to make my mom laugh. I do, quite frequently, but not as often as I would like. She takes things so literally.

A spot of melanin in a sea of ivory. No, I can't possibly identify. Actually, the premise is funny, the execution sucks and I still feel alienated.

It's only 8 am and there is already a contender for best headline of the week. So, Iran should quit playing a destructive role in Iraq. What? We don't like the competition?

So, Bolton is bolting. There is just no loyalty in the crew without a clue, as soon as they get some distance from administration, they start singing a whole new tune. I wonder if Rummy is going to babble or have a convenient accident? Either way, it should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Who can have laoyalty to the bunch of crooks in the white house?

    ReplyDelete