Monday, September 22, 2008

Past Lives

I have no idea what I did in a past life to deserve the treatment I'm receiving in this one, but it must have been pretty bad.  Every thing I do to try and improve mom's situation seems to make it worse.  Two weeks ago some readers suggested I put a PayPal donation button on the site to help mom and myself fight our unfair eviction.  Three people donated and I appreciated it so much.  Then, just like clockwork, when it was deposited into my checking account, poof! 

I had been trying to find jobs to work from home because mom can't be left alone for very long (I tried it over the weekend and it was a disaster) and signed up with a Mystery Shopping company known as ShadowShoppers.  I signed up for thirty days to try it out and this morning they dunned my account for $99 for a year of service that I don't want.  I had my preferences set so that I would be the one who determined if I was going to renew and they changed it to automatic renewal.  I decided that it wasn't worth my time to pay these people since I had been contacted by so many individual companies that didn't charge.  ShadowShopper changed my settings and took every dime out of my checking account.  As of midnight I will end up owing Bank of America a bounced check charge for something that I actually did buy instead of a service I don't want or need at this point. The worst part is I won't receive any money from the Mystery jobs until after the 15th of October.  Which will be way too late to help me.

I will have to cancel all the jobs I have scheduled (and one of them was worth quite a bit of money) because I don't have the gas to complete the assignment or the money to wait for the reimbursement.  Fortunately one of the assignments that I completed was a credit union and they asked me to open an account there.  So I did and the credit union gave me $25 for signing up, which is what I have to live on until either the state pays me or mom's Social Security comes in on the third of October.  I am in the process of transferring my banking to a place that wants to help me get ahead, not pay off someone else's bad mortgage.  B of A's site isn't even working today.

But that doesn't help me now.  I will be posting on all the work from home sites to let people know that ShadowShopper is one big scam.  They have had the same ten jobs available for the last month and are only in it to take the sign up fee. 

I'm tired of banging my head against a wall and am very tired of fighting a battle that I know I'm going to lose.  This has left me with no choice but to put mom in a home that will give her substandard care until she dies.  I feel awful that mom is going to be the one who pays for my mistakes.  I'm extremely frustrated and can literally see no way out.  I'm even out of dog food.

Then I notice that while I was fighting with the bank to get my money back, I see that my peewee brother checked my site this morning.  That's all he ever does. I need help and no matter how hard I try, mom and I are sliding further into the abyss.  This can't be what life is all about because if it is, I really don't see the point.

I'm so frustrated at this point that I'm pretty sure my picture is next to the definition.

Update: ShadowShopper says they refunded (still can't check Bank of America online) $60 and I am happy about that, but I really needed all the money. But something is better than nothing. Isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. Oh that so sucks. That's the last thing you need, to be jerked around like that. Give em hell!

    Just to be clear: Is it safe to donate or are you in the middle of changing banks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is safe to donate while I'm changing banks. Paypal will verify the credit union and the screen door is going to hit B of A on the ass.

    I appreciate each and every one of you who has tried to help. It dilutes some of the pain that I'm going through.

    Now, if I could just get my landlord to listen to reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, did you get my email? Check you mail box today and if there isn't anything there from me, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about it all, but something jumped out at me from this post "my mistakes".

    You haven't made any mistakes. You've done what you can to stave off overwhelming odds. If there's anyone who's making mistakes here, it's your "peewee" brother for not helping.

    Don't drop away. You know my email if you need to talk.

    ReplyDelete