Friday, February 16, 2007

Eminence Front

Well they can't charge him with resisting arrest, they are just trying to justify the amount of time, money and manpower that was wasted on someone who didn't even know they were there. Two SWAT teams?

As time goes one, more of the ramifications of war make their appearance. The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath. Ever since I first heard that lyric, it has resonated with me. Every time I see a yellow ribbon on someone's car, I want to walk up and ask them "exactly what are you doing to support the troops?" Because once again, a valuable ball has been dropped. We have become a nation that abides by ridiculous rules and regulations which fly in the face of common sense and compassion.

When a single parent is killed in the debacle of Iraq, someone back at home has to take up the responsibilities of raising their child. It's almost always the grieving parents and we have nothing in place to help their families. All in the name of fraud prevention. The morality of the people who took the life insurance and left the child with nothing, boggles my mind. A child should never be left with nothing. As a nation we can't take a child's parent and then leave the child penniless. But we do.

I love science, it fascinates me and it didn't require that I write papers when I was in school I used to pick my classes by whether or not they had writing assignments. You would never guess it now, but I hate to write papers. Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I took an astronomy course that sparked my interest in chemistry. Since the course was at 12 noon we didn't spend too much time looking at the sky. It was book learning, something I've always enjoyed. With the advent of the internet, I can get pictures. Lots and lots of spectacularly beautiful pictures from space. That are only appreciated by the few, the proud, the geeks. We prefer stats and facts to people and gossip. Which seems to make us another minority in America.

Does anybody really think that the administration has this country's best interests at heart? If you do, you are sadly mistaken.

I'm not the only one wondering if Cheney can be Agnewed. I posited the same question, twice. These are interesting times that we live in. Very, very interesting and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I read the article on the orpahned kids. It makes me nail-biting angry.

    Yet more evidence of the Chimpy Support! for the Troops! families.

    Awhile back, I posted about the families of The Troops! who are having to go to food pantries and collect day-old bread to eat. I wish I had it in my power to send every Chimpleton coward in America straight to Baghdad. Believe me, the planes would run nonstop till they were all there.

    ReplyDelete