Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday's Irritants

Someone from FEMA blipped in to check my site and ended up here. I wonder what mischief Gretchen Hamel is up to now.

The Army is requesting Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles, finally. What took so long, did Halliburton or KBR suddenly acquire a new company and another no-bid contract?

Firewalking. Not for me. I don't care if it's mind over matter or the sweat effect, after stepping on that barbecue coal and suffering a third degree burn to my two outer toes I can think of more pleasant things to do. My toe sings to me every time I move it. It goes something like this. Ooh, ooh, ow, ow, high keening noise, mumbled sobs when it stops throbbing. Then I take another step. If you have ever wondered what the toe next to the little one purpose was, it's to keep your balance.

Gambling with the lottery. Since when has privatization been of benefit to people who didn't own the company?

I'm not feeling well, I think I'll go work in the garden for a few minutes before I go to work. Hopefully there will be some little green shoots from the flowers I planted earlier in the week. Plus, I want to see if I have any more tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment